Subject: upcoming changes in bazel-zig-cc v0.7

From: Motiejus Jakštys <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 17:07:30 +0300

Hi all,

Laurynas rewrote bazel-zig-cc. Now it will support specifying
arch/os/libc via *platforms* alone (provided toolchains are registered).
E.g.

    --platforms @zig_sdk//libc_aware/platform:linux_amd64_gnu.2.28
    --platforms @zig_sdk//libc_aware/platform:linux_amd64_musl

I intend to merge this on ~Tuesday. There will be (almost) no breaking
changes, but many new ways to use bazel-zig-cc. I am excited about this
release, as now it makes many things "right". Read the README. :)

While updating documentation, I accidentally wrote my mental model on
how `--platforms`, `--toolchains` and constraints interact. If you find
lies there, please let me know, I will un-lie them.

Here are the updated docs; notice they are much longer than the
original:
https://git.sr.ht/~motiejus/bazel-zig-cc/tree/laurynasl_libc/item/README.md?view-rendered

Thanks Laurynai!

Motiejus