Subject: bazel-zig-cc v0.4.4 and upcoming zig 0.9.1

From: Motiejus Jakštys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2022 07:06:28 +0200

Hi all,

bazel-zig-cc v0.4.4 is out. Major changes:

- register "bazel platforms" @zig_sdk//:<os>_<arch>_platform. Example
  `--platform @zig_sdk//:linux_amd64_platform`. Note that this is in the
  wrong place[1] and is likely to be changed.
- Tests are now executed[2] with `bazel test //test/...` on amd64
  (natively) and arm64 (via qemu-aarch64-static). You are enocouraged to
  add your own tests if you would like me to catch issues for you before
  bumping zig-cc.
- I did NOT upgrade zig, it's the same as in v0.4.3.

Zig's maintainer Andrew asked me to test the 0.9.x release branch before
he does a zig 0.9.1 release. So if you care for zig not breaking
something before the release, but that doesn't really fit into zig's
test suite, a test in test/ may be a good place.

Motiejus

[1]: https://git.sr.ht/~motiejus/bazel-zig-cc/tree/v0.4.4/item/README.md#toolchain-and-platform-target-locations
[2]: https://git.sr.ht/~motiejus/bazel-zig-cc/tree/v0.4.4/item/ci/test