Subject: v1.0.0-rc1 fail on mac: stddef.h not found

From: Gregg Reynolds <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2022 09:40:36 -0500

First off: bazel-zig-cc is awesome, thanks so much!

Second: I tried to send this via the mailing list 'new post' button
and from gmail but both were rejected because they contain html.
Recommend you find a friendlier mailing list manager.

In any case here's the error:

runtime/caml/config.h:51:10: fatal error: 'stddef.h' file not found
#include <stddef.h>
         ^~~~~~~~~~

Selected tc:

INFO: ToolchainResolution: Target platform
@local_config_platform//:host: Selected execution platform
@local_config_platform//:host, type
@bazel_tools//tools/cpp:toolchain_type -> toolchain
@zig_sdk//:x86_64-macos-none_cc

Compile cmd:

  external/zig_sdk/tools/c++ -MD -MF
bazel-out/host/bin/runtime/_objs/sak.exe/sak.d
'-frandom-seed=bazel-out/host/bin/runtime/_objs/sak.exe/sak.o'
'-DCAMLDLLIMPORT=' -DIN_CAML_RUNTIME -iquote . -iquote
bazel-out/host/bin -iquote external/bazel_tools -iquote
bazel-out/host/bin/external/bazel_tools
-Ibazel-out/host/bin/runtime/caml/_virtual_includes/hdrs -target
x86_64-macos-none -no-canonical-prefixes -Wno-builtin-macro-redefined
'-D__DATE__="redacted"' '-D__TIMESTAMP__="redacted"'
'-D__TIME__="redacted"' -O2 -DNDEBUG -g0 -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv
-pthread -Wall -Werror -fno-common -c runtime/sak.c -o
bazel-out/host/bin/runtime/_objs/sak.exe/sak.o)

System:

$ sw_vers
ProductName: macOS
ProductVersion: 12.6
BuildVersion: 21G115

$ xcodebuild -version
Xcode 14.1
Build version 14B47b

Thanks,

Gregg

---

From: Motiejus Jakštys <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 21:22:44 +0200

> First off: bazel-zig-cc is awesome, thanks so much!

Hi, thanks!

> Recommend you find a friendlier mailing list manager.

bazel-zig-cc is planned to move to github.com/uber ; timelines are
unknown yet though. Will update this list when I have more details.

> runtime/caml/config.h:51:10: fatal error: 'stddef.h' file not found

Please use v0.9.2, the one that's recommended in the README. 1.0.0-rc
versions are known to have bugs. See my earlier posts in this mailing
list.

I will ping here separately when I will need extra hands testing v1.0.
It's not ready yet.

Motiejus

---

From: Gregg Reynolds <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 16:10:40 -0500

Ok, thanks for the update.