Subject: bazel-zig-cc v1.0.0-rc1

From: Motiejus Jakštys <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 16:09:52 +0300

Hi all,

I just cut bazel-zig-cc v1.0.0-rc1. Big release:

- use relative paths for tools. We hope this will make builds (more)
reproducible and un-bust our remote cache hit rates.
- you may have noticed zig_sdk is being "downloaded" ~10 times on some
occasions. No longer.

We are in final testing & acceptance phase to use bazel-zig-cc for all
CGo at Uber's Go Monorepo. We may have a couple more RCs.

Note: this release temporarily breaks Windows support; I will wait for
a couple of days for Fabian's patch to port [1] before cutting v1.0.0.

This release includes code from Motiejus Jakštys and Ken Micklas with
close collaboration of Laurynas Lubys.

[1]: https://lists.sr.ht/~motiejus/bazel-zig-cc/patches/35627

---

From: Motiejus Jakštys <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 16:59:43 +0300

> reproducible and un-bust our remote cache hit rates.

Quick update: bazel-zig-cc v1.0.0-rc1 does not mess up the remote
cache keys. Jackpot!

Motiejus