Subject: RW access to contributors; talk in zig meetup

From: Motiejus Jakštys <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2022 13:16:25 +0300

Hi all,

As I've received significant contributions from Ken Micklas and Laurynas
Lubys, I decided to grant them write access to bazel-zig-cc. Here is an
email I've sent them privately with the rules:

- When WIP, feel free to push your code to <your name>/<feature name>
  branch. Remove the branch when done.
- When ready for merging, push it to the `next` branch and ping me.
- I will keep merging to `main`, tagging the releases keep emailing the
  announcements.

That way, `main` will still have the latest tagged release signed by me.

I will also be talking about bazel-zig-cc in the upcoming Zig meetup
this weekend[1]. I was also listed in Google FOSS peer award and
"earned" $250 for bazel-zig-cc[2]. Thanks Google!

Regards,
Motiejus

[1]: https://twitter.com/croloris/status/1511342711764303890
[2]: https://opensource.googleblog.com/2022/03/Announcing-First-Group-of-Google-Open-Source-Peer-Bonus-Winners-in-2022.html

---

From: Motiejus Jakštys <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2022 14:58:57 +0300

Hi all,

Slight rule correction:

> - When ready for merging, push it to the `next` branch and ping me.

Since I allow for force-pushes, we have 3 contributors, `next` doesn't
make sense. So push to "your" branch (<your name>/<feature slug>) and
I'll merge from there.

So we should have only those branches in ~motiejus/bazel-zig-cc:
- `main`: passes CI and is always the latest released tag.
- for our sandbox work: `motiejus/<X>`, `laurynasl/<X>`,
  `kmicklas/<X>`. You are the boss there.

There seems to be a problem with sourcehut picking the patches from the
mailing list, which I reported to `#sr.ht:libera.chat`:

    UI-generated patchset
    (https://lists.sr.ht/~motiejus/bazel-zig-cc/%3C164932427279.26543.1789507091630612744-0%40git.sr.ht%3E)
    did not end up in https://lists.sr.ht/~motiejus/bazel-zig-cc/patches
    and, consequently, did not trigger a CI run. Is this appropriate
    place to report it? Happened ~1 hour ago.

Motiejus