Subject: bazel-zig-cc v1.0.0

From: Motiejus Jakštys <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 11:12:03 +0200

Hi all,

I just released bazel-zig-cc v1.0. It has been compiling Uber's Go
Monorepo since Jan 4 of this year, so we feel it's good enough for v1.

Changes since v1.0.0-rc4:
- add `res_search` workaround for ziglang/zig#9485[1], equivalent to `fcntl64`.
- replace the shell-based wrapper scripts with one written in zig.
This enables --experimental_use_hermetic_linux_sandbox, leaving only
/proc/self/exe required outside of the toolchain (I will probably fix
even this eventually).
- Apple M1 improvements by Jeremy Volkman.

This is probably the last release of bazel-zig-cc in sourcehut. In
very short order bazel-zig-cc will become an official Uber's project
and move to github. I will send a separate announcement when that
happens (and maybe a blog post somewhere).

Thanks everyone involved in working with us towards v1.0; here are our
contributors:
Motiejus Jakštys
Ken Micklas
Laurynas Lubys
Fabian Hahn
Jeremy Volkman
Adam Bouhenguel
Luis Holanda
Mantas Jonaitis
Piotr Sikora

Motiejus

[1]: https://github.com/ziglang/zig/issues/9485

---

From: Motiejus Jakštys <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2023 09:01:10 +0200

On Wed, Mar 1, 2023 at 1:31 AM Jeremy Volkman <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Hi Motiejus,
> Has that move to GitHub happened yet? Should we still send patches to this list?
>

Hi Jeremy,

We are still working on it, there have been some bumps on the way.

Worry not, it will be announced. Until that happens, please keep
contributing to sourcehut/this mailing list.

Motiejus