Subject: bazel-zig-cc v1.0.1: relicense to Apache v2

From: Motiejus Jakštys <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 11:41:40 +0200

Hi folks,

I just cut bazel-zig-cc v1.0.1:
- partially relicensed[1] to Apache v2.
- download zig sdk from mirror.bazel.build by default instead of
dl.jakstys.lt. Thanks for no longer using the server from my closet --
turns out Google is generous enough to mirror such files[3]. You can
now safely omit the "version", "url_formats" and
"host_platform_sha256" -- we intend to keep upgrading bazel-zig-cc to
a reasonalby new Zig version, forever mirrored to mirror.bazel.build.
- upgraded Zig to 0.11.0-dev.1796+c9e02d3e6. This Zig fails the linker
step on unsupported linker flags[4], which will make
autoconf/automake/cmake invocations with zig cc more robust (it used
to emit a linker warning if it found an unsupported linker flag,
sometimes with unexpected consequences).

We created a #zig channel in Bazel Slack. Bazel says the invitation
link[2] will be active for 14 days. Just find us on #zig in
bazel.slack.com if you want to chat.

All following contributions to bazel-zig-cc will be accepted only
under Apache 2.0 license; this was the last required step before
moving the repository to github/uber. The move took longer than I
though it would, but rest assured, it is happening. Before the move,
let's keep using this mailing list and Slack for comms. After the
move, the this mailing list will be replaced by github issues/PRs,
Slack will stay.

Motiejus

[1]: https://git.sr.ht/~motiejus/bazel-zig-cc/commit/dfdb1f26805c1ccf6d1113276d40c8ce4c1fa17e
[2]: https://join.slack.com/share/enQtNDkwMTIxOTk0NTk1NS01OGUyNjM4ODQ2MDI1NjdiNmYyOTMxMGNiOWRiMDU2YmY0MmYwNWU1ZjI5NzNmMjMzZGExNDJkZGE0NzI5N2I3
[3]: https://github.com/bazelbuild/bazel/issues/17635
[4]: https://github.com/ziglang/zig/pull/11906