Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add missing include path for MacOS platforms

From: Mike Eastham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 10:28:05 -0400

I found this thread while preparing to submit a patch for the very same
issue.  Hopefully it can be merged!

One nit is that I believe the "{}-macos.{}-none" path you added should
be replacing "{}-macos.{}-gnu" instead of adding to it. If you look at
the Zig distribution (zig-macos-aarch64-0.10.0-dev.3659+e5e6eb983 in my
case) you can see there are no -gnu directories, so I believe that was
just a typo:

$ ls -d lib/zig/libc/include/*macos*
lib/zig/libc/include/aarch64-macos.11-none
lib/zig/libc/include/aarch64-macos.12-none
lib/zig/libc/include/any-macos-any
lib/zig/libc/include/any-macos.11-any
lib/zig/libc/include/any-macos.12-any
lib/zig/libc/include/x86_64-macos.10-none
lib/zig/libc/include/x86_64-macos.11-none
lib/zig/libc/include/x86_64-macos.12-none

---

From: Motiejus Jakštys <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 10:19:35 +0300

> issue.  Hopefully it can be merged!

Hi Mike,

The subject like seems reasonable, but your submission is missing the
patch itself.

Thanks,
Motiejus

---

From: Mike Eastham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 09:52:11 -0400

Hey Motiejus,

I was trying to reply to the patch submitted by Luis Holanda 26 days
ago[0], but I suppose I did something incorrectly. Sorry about that!

If it would be helpful for me to submit my own patch I would be happy to do so.

[0] https://lists.sr.ht/~motiejus/bazel-zig-cc/patches/34242

---

From: Motiejus Jakštys <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 18:13:48 +0300

> If it would be helpful for me to submit my own patch I would be happy to do so.

Thanks, I didn't capture this first time. Applied Louis' patch and per
your suggestion removed the darwin-gnu ones.

Motiejus

---

From: Mike Eastham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 13:10:13 -0400

Thank you!